Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Organization is a Beautiful Thing

With summer coming to a close (it's not QUITE over yet, though - we still have 14 days until we officially go back!), I've been starting to put a lot of focus on the upcoming year. I've been working very hard on my future students' organization, but started by making sure I was very organized myself. After reflecting on last year, I took all of my favorite organization components and decided to combine them in one notebook. The notebook has five sections and I plan to take it with me everywhere. No more grabbing this notebook for one meeting and another notebook for another! Simplifying...it's a beautiful thing.

Here's how the notebook is organized:
Section 1 - Calendar: 
After searching for the perfect blank calendar, I finally decided to simply make my own and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. You can download it by clicking here.

Section 2 - Student Information: 
This section has transportation, email, and phone numbers for each student for quick reference. It also has students' data scores and other important information (DRA, DIBELS, MAP scores, student interest surveys, etc). You can download student information here (sorry the font's not as cute!).

Section 3 - Parent Communication: 
I'm able to keep all phone numbers, parent information, and contact logs in this section. I plan to put the completed "Back to School Student Information" sheet first, followed by the contact log. Each student is separated by a piece of green card stock. You can download both pages of the "Back to School Student Information here (again, sorry about the cute fonts disappearing!)

Section 4 - School and Team Meetings
Section 5 - District Meetings: 
These two sections are full of lots of blank notebook paper, ready to be filled in with important notes from meetings throughout the year!

Now that I feel organized, I'm ready to tackle the final bits of my students' organization! That will be for a later post :)

Enjoy your last few weeks of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment