Sunday, February 12, 2012

Flat Caroline

Our class had a wonderful new student join us this week! My precious cousin, named Caroline, is a second grader in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and her class just read Flat Stanley. I was very excited when she asked to send her Flat Caroline to Columbia because it meant that not only would I get to meet a new friend, but my students would have a new classmate for a few days. After showing Flat Caroline around our capital city, I took her to school with me to introduce her to my students. My students adored her, just as I suspected they would, and did a great job of teaching her all about our classroom and school. She played with us on the playground (it was cold, so my students made her a scarf out of toilet paper), ate lunch with us (yum!), and traveled with us to Puerto Rico. We had a wonderful time and my students liked meeting another flat friend. We were sad to see her go, but would welcome her back anytime she's in the Columbia area!



No comments:

Post a Comment